Are you contemplating carpal tunnel surgery? If so you should know that surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome is not the only answer. There are always risks to surgery. Why do the surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome when there are better options available?
Results Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
Studies show up to 30% of patients have poor grip strength and long-term discomfort at the surgical scar. Nearly 60% report a recurrence of their symptoms about two years after surgery. But there is a better solution.
Results Of Nonsurgical Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatments
This new method of treatment is non-surgical traction/decompression. The treatment takes the pinching pressure off the nerve without surgery. Wouldn’t you rather have a ligament stretched rather than cut? When the ligament is cut you lose the integrity of the wrist.
In a true clinical study of this treatment conducted at a New York medical center found that:
- All of the patients in this study had tried multiple conservative therapies that failed.
- Surgery was recommended to most of the patients. They were not interested in surgery.
- None of the patients lost workdays because of CTS during the study period (7 months).
- The decrease in symptoms was dramatic in the first 1-3 weeks for all the patients, whether their symptoms were mild, moderate, or severe. After 4-6 weeks, most patients had no symptoms.
- 79% of the patients that had non-surgical decompression rated their treatment as excellent and 21% as good… not one person reported the treatment as fair to poor. Impressive, but that’s not all…
The long-term results of non-surgical decompression treatment were just as exciting.
- At the 7 months follow up over 90% had no symptoms with minimal to no maintenance!
IF SURGERY IS NOT YOUR ANSWER… THIS NEW TREATMENT MAY BE YOUR SOLUTION
This picture shows a cut away of a right wrist. Notice the fibrous band that crosses the wrist. It is the Transverse Carpal Ligament. When this ligament shortens it causes a narrowing of the carpal tunnel and nerve compression. Instead of cutting the ligament in two, this new treatment simply stretches the ligament increasing the space in the carpal tunnel and takes pressure off the nerve, relieving the symptoms.
If you are ready to end the tingling, pain, and sleepless nights now is your time to find out if you may be helped! We are offering a screening to determine if you are a candidate for this revolutionary non-surgical traction/decompression treatment. The screening is only $7.00. Call our office today and tell the receptionist you want to schedule yourself for the carpal tunnel screening.
What to know more?
Doctors’ Choice Physical Medicine and Rehab
Dr. David Novatnak
Glee Pascual, Physical Therapist
Pottsville, Schuylkill County, PA